Here is an interesting video I just happened to come across. It would be excellent for Chapter 4 when discussing interview techniques and trying to uncover why people think or act as they do.
- When interviewing individuals with the 5 W’s(who, what, when, where, why), why do the first four work okay but the “why” does not?
- Why is asking people “why” problematic?
- Why does asking people “why” put them in the mode of justification?
- What impact do emotions have on purchase behavior? Why is this important in interviewing and when interviewers ask “why?”
- Instead of asking “why” how do researchers get at peoples’ thoughts and emotions?
- When would an experienced interviewer ask why?
- Explain why the content of this information is important to the moderator in a focus group and to a researcher conducting a personal interview.